New to yoga? Learn beginner yoga sequences, foundational yoga poses, calming breathing techniques and heighten the awareness of your postural alignments in a setting of trust and personal attention. Build strength, flexibility, deep relaxation and focus to have the confidence to safely progress your practice.
The program offers a step-by-step introduction to the fundamentals of yoga postures. Classes provide each student with the necessary foundations to develop a safe and beneficial yoga practice. Emphasis will be given to lengthening the spinal column and improving one’s seated posture to fully support a well-functioning nervous system. When poses are performed in the right way muscle toning, increased stamina and a reduction of stiffness will be experienced.
Breathing is vital to life and to every yoga class. The role of the diaphragm differs depending on the body’s posture, so correct breathing will be taught for different poses to optimize the oxygenation process. Classes will conclude with a guided relaxation to allow the mind time to quiet down, thereby improving the faculty of concentration.
Yoga sequences and mindfulness techniques are carefully curated to meet your individual needs. Each class is 60 minutes and led by an experienced and qualified teacher who will develop the class structures as you progress with your personalized yoga program. A maximum of 4 people can practice together from the same package, we encourage you to share this experience with your friends and family members!
Beginners Yoga Objectives
- Experience foundational yoga sequences structured for stretching away stiffness and proper muscular engagement
- Gain confidence in transitioning from one pose to another with correct alignment.
- Achieve a full understanding of the foundation poses
- Learn to mindfully relax and deepen the breath to calm the body and mind.
- Overwrite stress responses using awareness and calming techniques to release tension
- Increase your strength and flexibility as you sequentially advance with balance and concentration
- Enhance the integrity of joints and bone density by creating stabilizing, mobilizing and isometric engagement
- Enhance sleep quality and patterns through a trusted system of hands-on adjustments and personal attention
- Engage core muscles and deep breathing for a healthy spinal column and to release constriction around the chest