Qualifications & Certifications:
- 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Course with Master Samrat Dasgupta, Hong Kong, 2016
- 33-hour CET Ashtanga Immersion with Clayton Horton, 2016
- 20-hour Dharma Yoga Wheel Teacher Training Course with Yogi Varuna and Leela Om, 2016
- Level 2 Antigravity Certified Instructor (Training Course with Tamer Begum – AG Fundamentals 1&2, Aerial Yoga 1&2)
- 100-hour Insight Yoga Teacher Training with Sarah Power Mindfulness and Inner Practices in Yin Yoga – Level I & II
- 100-hour Acrovinyasa Teacher Training with Claudine and Honza Laford Certified Level I Acrovinyasa teacher
- Certified Xpert Aerial Hoop Teacher 2018
- 100-hour Advanced Teacher Training with Jason Crandell, 2018
Fiona has enjoyed dancing from a young age, mastering ballet, jazz, hip hop, jazz-funk and contemporary dance. It was during this period where she discovered the rejuvenation of body and soul through the practise of yoga.
Due to neck and shoulder injuries sustained from dancing, Fiona realigned her focus to yoga. First stepping onto the mat in 2010, she is now highly proficient in Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin and Aerial Yoga.
Fiona finished her first teacher training with master Samrat Dasgupta in 2016 and is currently continuing her study on advanced alignment based yoga with international yoga teacher Jason Crandell.
Fiona has over 3,000 hours of yoga and aerial teaching experience spanning over a period of 3 years with students ranging from beginner to experts. Fiona is a firm believer that yoga is an effective way to relieve stress in the body and mind. Through the practise of yoga and regular meditation, a steady mind and healthy body can be attained.
We all have unique body structures and lifestyles; and so we all need a different approach to the practice. Fiona tailors sequences and modifies asanas taking into consideration each individuals body dysfunctions and past injuries. Fiona embraces a dynamic teaching style which complements her diverse experienece. She utilizes knowledge from various disciplines of yoga and fitness to acheive students body and mind goals. Currently, Fiona is a certified teacher in yoga, yin yoga, meditation, acro yoga and aerial yoga.
Fiona teaches in various well-known yoga studios, teaching groups, private classes as well as workshops suitable for students and other yoga teachers alike. She also has extensive experience in teaching private one to one classes and corporate classes.
Fiona takes a light-hearted approach to yoga, encouraging her students to be the best that they can be!